Monday, August 29, 2011

How Does The Book End?

It has been awhile since I last posted a chapter of my book. I was working on it one chapter at a time and as I approached the end of the book I needed to draw it all together. I have continued to work on the book, trying to update the chapters, tie it all together and get it ready for prime time. I did not count on this process taking so long. My usual proofreaders now need to cull the entire book, looking for redundancies, and work on ways to edit the long run on sentences I have a tendency to use.  My usual writing style is for sermons. I am not as skilled to write for reading.  So this process has been a learning process for me as well.
Over the next few weeks, I will get the final chapters out on this blog and I hope that you will take the time to read them and to comment on them. I am also looking for comments on the entire enterprise and what I may have missed. I know it is easier to challenge what I have written and much harder to identify what is missing. I am sure that you, my readers, will share your ideas and comments so I can include your thoughts in the final draft.
Don't be afraid to tell me what you really think. We are all adults. Be kind, but you can tell me what you feel. I promise not to get snippy in return. I do value your comments. I thank you in advance for your help in my quest to change the face and approach of American synagogues.

No comments: